Thursday 19 October 2017

Inquiry Project Thoughts Exit Slip

I'm still interested in Assessment as a topic, but I think that is way too big and want to wait until we have our course on assessment next session. There seems to be a lot of different philosophies regarding assessment and it comes down to whatever approach you want to take.

I've learned that it is really common for students who struggle with science to take Earth Science classes to get their science credit in order to graduate. So classes have a lot of students who struggle with what we consider "traditional" classroom settings. So how do you plan an earth science class for students with really varied abilities and learning styles? There are going to be such a huge variety of students - some of whom will be on the autism spectrum, or will have ADD or ADHD, or who have just been turned off by science for some reason. How do we create a class that can easily be tailored to each student's strengths, while still helping them improve on their weaknesses? It's going to be so important to learn, and I doubt I will get enough information in that area during my BEd degree. So, inquiry, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment